Thursday, September 17, 2009

Surrounded by good stuff!



The corners of your life carry their own beauty;
These are the everyday moments that greet you
As you ply your day, and these are the everyday
Appearances that you take for granted and lose
Their solace, despite the fact that you created them
To do exactly that - give you pleasure as you
Live your day-to-day life. No need to obsess
On clouds, or sunsets, or the scent of flowers,
Look at the pictures you took, the dishes you bought,
And take pleasure in what you took pleasure in still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,
That was really nice. I needed to read that this morning since I have some BIG things to get done. I'm now going to take the time and ponder some of those sweet memories I have of my family (through the pictures around my house, the keepsakes, etc.)and thank God for His ever present goodness in those simple treasures that I so often miss in my hurry scurry.
Thanks for the philosophical tip! -HL

Big Frank Dickinson said...

Glad you appreciated it. We really are surrounded by beauty - in many often unnoticed ways.