Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Accomplishments?

[Photo: Big Frank Dickinson]

My Accomplishments
---- Big Frank Dickinson

"I have" precedes results,
The present perfect or the past?
These still doing or was?
Accomplished but still not done.

I've come to know my feelings
As my many chosen views;
Not totalitarian overlays
Of other's acts infused.

I have looked back on my
Misteps, to see where I tripped;
In work it's served me well,
In love sometimes I've slipped.

Discretely and lovingly following
My wandering kids kept them near
Exempting them from too much me
Yet giving of my time, my ear.

I've kept the wonder of a kid
At all the world holds;
Infinitely intricate.
Surpising it unfolds.

I've seen my own face
In others kind and mean;
And tried to match comfort with
The comfort I have gleaned.

I sometimes feel that all I've
Done is small and counts but little
And then the realization comes
A thousand's still a twiddle.

No comments: