Monday, February 15, 2010

"When You Said . . ." a poem

After reading Hoagland's poem in the post below, Big Frank, following in his footsteps - somewhat - wrote the following:

When You Said . . .
---- Big Frank Dickinson

Babe, what did you mean
When you said that you
Would not answer that
And left it
Hanging in the air
Like empty quotation marks?

When you said - yeah,
You thought we had
Agreed not to talk about
That anymore, I wanted
To insert the
Me back into we.

And when you tell me
You can't do that now;
I want to be then
Or when or sometime soon
To ignore the can't and
Dwell on another now.

Where did the
'I'll think about that' go?
Hope delayed - the possiblity
Where somewhere
We can and do --
Be me with you.

1 comment:

Bela said...

This is great! You have real talent. I think you'd really my blog, Heart On Paper.

www.heartonpaper-bela.blogspot.com

Let me know what you think!