Sunday, November 6, 2011

Six Word Memoirs

Big Frank has been reading "Six Word Memoirs on Love and Heartbreak". This is a compilation of six-word memoirs submitted by the readers of Smith Magazine. An idea which the magazine had done earlier, "Not Quite What I Was Planning" one submission: "Found true love, married someone else". Here are a few excerpts. It seemed like a good idea, and there are some good ones, but by and large ... most are flat, uninteresting, and cliche. These are probably the best of the best. Big Frank has saved you having to read the book - don't bother.

"Forgot why I left, went back."

"People can't want what they want."

"Not him again, said my mother."

"Therapist: You went back after that?"

"Happy enough was her tentative reply."

"In the beginning I showered daily."

"He should have married the television."

"Worried the dog liked him better."

"Moved in no ring moved out."

"I'm your one that got away."

"She came back, I wasn't home."

No comments: