Monday, August 4, 2008

You Can Have It All!


Good news for all mankind. You can have it all! Is this not good news? You wince at the thought of such a promise - what airy-fairy nonsense would be one typical response. Yet, . . . is this not what drives people forward in life - well, maybe not "all" in the sense of truly everything , but all that they feel is necessary in order to make life worthwhile, which is almost certainly more than what it is that they have right now. The thought of a certain basic minimum augmentation accompanies people as they go to sleep at night; they ruminate on progress as they drive to work; they chew on attainment in their wandering avoidance of the actual sum of what it is that they indeed have RIGHT NOW. In the heart of the heart of desire - one (you and me) wants more. That cliche - "Is that all there is?" begs the answer (shouted out) "OF COURSE NOT". I have dreams; I have goals; I have needs; I have wants; the culminating point (which will be better than where I am now) will come ("the best is yet to come"), it is still ahead of me, and certainly not behind me or where I am right now. Without the belief in future improvement one is left with the fact that what you have right now is the height of your accomplishments - nothing better awaits you. Why is that so unacceptable? Is it unacceptable?

No comments: