Saturday, April 18, 2009

On The Centennial Trail


Gorgeous day in Spokane. Big Frank rode his bike to Idaho and back on the Centennial Trail. There were lots of people out there: roller bladers, strollers, runners, cyclers, loafers, kids, old timers, couples, and everybody was moving one way or the other. Mostly everyone got along fine. Although Big Frank did pass a woman yelling at three kids about the insanity of throwing a large piece of metal at her! Don't know what that was all about. She was way irate, and they looked kind of like - WTF lady, we didn't see you. The river was flowing high, there were bald eagles flying low along the river looking for lunch, woodpeckers were pounding away, and rabbits were darting back and forth across the trail. Things were happening! It was a great ride - no posterior pain, the bike handled great, but Big Frank was knackered when he got back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom,
I finally had a minute to check out your very impressive blog. I chuckled at your comment of the irate lady. I hope she didn't catch you staring at her. She might have chucked the piece of metal at YOU! :) Nice job riding the Centennial trail. How far is that to Idaho and back? My husband, son and sister ran the bloomsday course this afternoon. It really was the perfect day to be out in. I didn't actually see sweet bunnies or hear the sound of cute little woodpeckers; I mostly saw "gang-like" people with their angry pitbulls, who I tried to steer clear of. Other than that, it was a glorious day! Have a nice tomorrow too. It's suppose to be almost 70degrees! See you on Monday...Linda S.

Big Frank Dickinson said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for visiting, and the kind words. From my place to the Idaho border and back is about 40 miles - a good day's ride! See you Monday! Why weren't you running??

Anonymous said...

Oops...I can't believe I left myself out of that sentence. I did run. That's actually how I know that there were no bunnies or woodpeckers. :)

Big Frank Dickinson said...

I was wondering. Thanks for clarifying that!