Thursday, April 9, 2009

Surprise Me



Surprise Me
---- Big Frank Dickinson

Surprise me with an unexpected delight,
Peek in my window, knock on my door,
Fill my mailbox with cards of uncommonly
Unexpected sentiments and shockingly
New information of the most welcome sort.
Drop in on me at the most uncivilized time,
Don't call ahead of time, come unannounced
And when you enter don't bother with halting
Preludes of small talk; immediately blurt it out;
Speak the unspeakable and hint at what
Nobody would have ever suspected
Alluding to the most secret agreeablness.
Make arrangements that could never have
Been forseen, and invite not the same old crowd
Invite crazy poets, cratchety neighbors, and youth.
And play music not heard in my house - ever:
Lovely soothing polkas, deep disco and creole fugues .
Ambush me in the midst of my mundance muddle;
Chase me away from the steady usual.
Startle me with the freshness of the hidden joy
That hides in the shock of this planned accident.

1 comment:

nollyposh said...

X:-) Sounds like Bloggy Land X:-)