Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cloud Stories - again

1. X MARKS THE SPOT

X marks the spot - the spot right above you that is marking your spot. You are the spot. Now, the question: if I am the spot what's the spot for. X marks me indicating that I am that which is to be noted - by me, or someone else? Someone who can't find me can now look up in the sky, and from that giant X find me. Kind of like the Magi looking for the baby Jesus. No, not that, I am not another baby Jesus; it's just that for those, like the Magi, who are out looking for me, there is now an X in the sky that they can use to navigate by to locate me. I'm under the X; yes directly under it - look - that's me.

2. In Suspension (for now)


Encased in this dog-like carapace and floating with white lace around me, I'm getting a little bit restless. It is entrancing and quite relaxing to be able to hold so still like this, and at the same time gently, ever so gently rise up. Why the dog-like wrapping; because I'm thinking that it really does not match my interior in any way whatsoever? I would have chosen something like a an umbrella, or a lantern, or perhaps a balloon! Those are all slowly floating and light (OK, maybe the umbrella isn't all that light, but certainly the other two). I feel much too large for what I am. My purposes are much smaller, and this is all too public and discussable. A breeze, a breeze, my dog-shape for a breeze.


3. CREATION


That burst? Where the hell did it come from? At first, as I remember, we were all together here in a pretty compact (for a cloud anyway) lump. Look below, at our cousins, aunts, and neighbors; see how together they all are. Look at those boundaries that they are all abiding by too. And . . . the honored space in between. That's the way it used to be with us too. There we were slowly (together) marching across the sky. I think we were just above uncle Cumucu, and we'd been either there or above aunt Ciricu for - well for as long as we can remember. Then someone among us (not sure who) said they had an idea; something about change about growth, and the next thing you know Kaboom! Now what's the family going to think, and where is this going to take us? Still - it is different now, and I'm kind of interested in seeing where this is going to all end up; although I notice that it's becoming more and more me and less and less us. . . hmmmm?

[All Photos by Big Frank Dickinson: 1. above Big Frank's house, 2. & 3. above Spokane Falls Community College]

No comments: