Friday, August 14, 2009

Comfortable Anarchy

Speeding Home
---- Big Frank Dickinson

"The fully-functioning personality can be, when the objective situation calls for it, comfortably disorderly, anarachic, vague, doubtful, uncertain, indefinite, approximate, inexact, or incaccurate. . . They do not neglect the unknown, or deny it, or run away from it, or try to make believe it really is known, nor do they organize, dichotomize, or rubricize it prematurely They do not cling to the familiar, nor is their quest for truth a catastrophic need for certainty, for safety, for definitiness, and order."
---- A.H. Maslow

Ain't toeing the line, nor drawing it here,
Luck is not blind and won't have its
Writing on the wall, nor is the door
To call you or us -more is not merrier.
The sun has nothing to do with my disposition
And I may not have a place in it, nor does an
Ill wind blow ill or well -it just blows.
The sleeping dogs; I think I'll wake them.
And the cat in the bag; why not let it out?
I will not leave well enough alone because
It is for me to say, and no it
Does not stand to reason because
Sometimes when it rains it doesn't pour,
And the apple can fall far from the tree,
And I might just could bark up the right one,
Because two rights can make a wrong
Side of the bed to go to sleep on
Time that is waiting for all men
And women and children last, who
Live in glass houses and do throw
Out the towel with the bathwater.
So smile and the world will cry
A far far unsure thing. Oh yeah, look,
I just washed my hair and can do one thing with it.
Oh love, Oh love, you are a solitary splendored thing.

No comments: