Monday, August 24, 2009

Four Quotations to Ponder

Big Frank gives you four quotations to ponder. They are all connected in one way and they all merit consideration.

1.
There is no prayer like desire.
---- Tom Waits
2.
Your joy is your sorrow unmasked
The selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
---- Kahlil Gibran
3.
Eros once again limb-loosener whirls me
sweetbitter, impossible to fight off, creature stealing up.
---- Sappho
4.
I might caress her, pass my hand slowly over her, but, just as if I had been handling a stone which encloses the salt of immemorial ocenas or the light of a star, I felt that i was touching no more than the sealed envelope of a person who inwardly reached to infinity.
---- Marcel Proust

No comments: